Suspension of Application Review— NYC DOT may suspend the review of applications for permits pending:
- Payment by an applicant of outstanding fines, civil penalties or judgments imposed or entered against such applicant by a court or ECB;
- Payment by an applicant of outstanding fees or other charges lawfully assessed by NYC DOT against such applicant pursuant to the Highway Rules or other applicable law; and/or
- Satisfactory compliance by an applicant with a CAR or order issued by the Commissioner. See the Highway Rules, Section 2-02(j)
Refusal to Issue Permit— NYC DOT may refuse to issue a permit to an applicant:
- Who has exhibited a pattern of disregard for the rules or orders of NYC DOT or the terms or conditions of permits issued by NYC DOT or for other applicable law.
- Who has been found liable by a court or in a proceeding before the ECB of a violation of a rule or order of NYC DOT or the terms or conditions of a permit issued by NYC DOT or other applicable law, which violation caused an imminent peril to life or property. See the Highway Rules, Section 2-02(l).
Voiding and Reissuing of Permits. Permits may be voided and reissued only within three business days of issuance. The fee for reissuance may be found in Section 2-03 of the Highway Rules. Permits reissued after three business days must be subject to the full permit fee.
See the Highway Rules, Section 2-02(n).